Wednesday, June 25, 2014

It is official - I have chatted with too many widowers.

Firstly; this may sound harsh, but please let me explain. I have had 2 self-proclaimed widowers try to scam me back to back. Andre, Dutch, and Amou, French. Stories of small children being involved and down-on-their-luck drama ensued, both stories were ugly.

Second, the other kind of widower that seems to find me is the (what I can assume is) legit man who is very, very anxious to settle down again and to find a suitable mother for his child. This is not always flattering. I sort of feel like anyone with a kind heart and a child of their own qualifies.

Today I received an email from a man who wanted to get 'back in touch' with me after our apparent months of separation. He said that he has been traveling to Estonian at Muhumaa Island, which he says is an island in the Baltic Sea. I am sure that it is. I am sure that he knows where he was on the map and being that I fail most of the geography questions in Trivial Pursuit, I'm taking his word as to where this island is. What I don't remember is who this man is?? I have absolutely no recollection of his name, any conversations with him, never mind giving him my personal email address? I find this unnerving. Am I that jaded/insensitive/flaky/un-discerning? Or is he using another name because he is a scammer and has forgotten the original name that he used with me? Do you see what's happening here? I'm becoming paranoid.

Perhaps I have been online for too long. But where is my proof, the declaration of adoration of my very soul, my 'it was all worth it' moment?

How to answer him........

I will figure it out, but let me first go and peruse the site one more time...

No comments:

Post a Comment