Thursday, June 26, 2014

Social Media is intertwining in my life and it's freaking me out!!

Ok, so let's see if you can follow this one, friends!!?

Last night I was on Facebook, on my phone, right? I clicked on 'friend requests' by accident but before clicking back out of the option, I saw 'people you might know' which is a prompt I'd never looked at previously. Here's the crazy-crazy part;

1. I had a French scammer named Amou
2. Facebook recommended an Amou with the same last name but his photos looked slightly different - however - they were all with his son whom scammer Amou told me all about, by name
3. Facebook recommended a man called Edison right under Amou...he, in fact, had the profile pic that my  scammer Amou used on the dating website. 100% sure. his page showed no kid in site....

My questions - how did Facebook know about Amou? How did they know that Edison used Amou's pic in his online profile on a dating website? I have never heard from someone calling himself Edison!!
Lastly, are Amou & Edison partners in crime or did Edison steal Amou's profile/use a faux child with the same name as real Amou's to garner sympathy?

Mind. Blown. I almost friended them both to ask these questions but quickly thought better of it. This path will not lead me to LOVE, just to insanity and insecurity and I have plenty of those qualities on my own, thank you.

15 min later. I did it. I messaged them both thru FB. Can't help it. Curiousity killed the cat and all of that....

I don't know what the story is between you & Amou  (last name)...you both joined in February, your photo was definitely used on my dating website under his name, and whichever of you I was talking to tried to tell me that you/he were in South Africa with your son...and desperate for money. It was a really unkind thing to do. I hope that you don't try to scam anyone else. The weirdest part is that you were both suggested to me yesterday as 'people you might know' - how Facebook recognized Amou's name and your pic, I will never know. Very big brother. so we are all being watched. Act like a gentleman. Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment