Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Please...don't tell me how to dress?

There are a lot of specifics within men's requests online, what a woman should be: in shape, not overweight, not a cold fish, open-minded, not bring her baggage along for the ride, be open to new experiences, etc. etc. etc. - but sometimes they are very specific. Which is totally fine, but if I wanted my hair/clothes/behavior to be constantly critiqued? If I wanted to continue to walk on eggshells? If I wanted to try to be someone that I am not in my heart? I could have stayed married.

Here is an example, please notice the 'handsome'....I assume this is either Cary Grant speaking, back in the day when calling a woman 'handsome' was a compliment, or, it's a cut & paste from a friend's profile?

Now, I don't happen to walk around in baseball caps OR cut off t-shirts. But I wonder, why does he care so much about such a detail? It makes me wonder. Control freak? Old-fashioned? Good luck, dude, this is NYC. Women don't usually like to be told how to wear their t-shirts. Should I tell him that I don't like the fact that his button-down shirt is buttoned down one or 2 buttons too many for my taste? Is that fair?

About the one I'm looking for...

GREAT PERSONALITY, HONEST, HANDSOME, SEXY, GOOD DRESSER, CLEAN AND HEALTHY OUTLOOK, DANCER, SMART, LOYAL, AMBITIOUS, HONEST! I ONLY WANT TO MEET A PROFESSIONAL, A GENTLEWOMAN, SOMEONE WHO DRESSES WELL, IS WELL GROOMED AND DOESN'T WALK AROUND IN BASEBALL CAPS AND CUT OFF TEE SHIRTS.

2 comments:

  1. All caps at a starter is always a "No" and so is this level of details. I've seen people write things like "Professional seeks Professional" and enough said there! Geesh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? all caps, detailed concern about a woman's clothes...not my thing. Issues! I sense issues.

      Delete