Thursday, March 6, 2014

What's in a profile??

I admit it - I did not spend hours on my profile. I have had friends offer to help; I don't want anyone to edit it, look at it, fine-tune it...I wanted to wing it, have it be the real me - put a bit of thought as to the few things that I knew I HAD to say (i.e. I am Christian, I am a parent, I have dogs), express my devotion to my city and get on with it. I know myself and if I began to make it more lengthy, more in-depth (as any of my long-suffering friends can tell you) I would end up with a novel. I would fret, edit, change it....jumping on soap boxes (vaccinate your kids! Adopt a rescue dog/cat!) and nobody wants to read all of that.

Similarly, I took simple iPhone selfies and I didn't have a professional photographer take my shots, nor did I use shots from 20 years ago. I even have a full-body shot (with the company of a high school bff in the picture with me which made me feel more comfortable) even though I am working hard on losing weight. Fair is fair.

That said....

Some people really should have an editor. Or a friend. Or for God's sake, use spell check?

Here are some cut & pastes from profiles that I just. don't. understand.


I am wanting to share time with a beautiful woman, be tickled just right inside. I like that, and want more…….

-------------------------

Me: music. Paints good conversation, responsable
--------------------------


*Hello. My phone has a flashlite and an fm radio but no camera. My vice is bolted to the end of my workbench. My shoes are muddy by day but shined at night. I've learned that no good deed goes unpunished but that does not deter me.*
--------------------------------
A little about me: Restaurant

im a good guy. im not joe dink thats always looking for a better deal and treating people like crap. so if anyone still wants a nice guy, its up to you. Nothing else to say.
-------*to be fair, this profile is intelligible but I just don't think I'm clever enough to get why I should be amused/attracted to it?

2 comments:

  1. Language barriers? I agree, you do not want to tell all on your profile - what would you talk about on a date?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the only reason I hesitated, I don't want to be making fun of a language issue. But let's face it, some of these men are just strange.

      Delete